Interview with our ReverbNation Winner, LA’s Lourdes Capall!
1.Who are you as an artist? What is your story?
Why am I... I think it’s a big big question, I think I am an artist, a music lover, a singer, a producer ...composer who loves everything about arts, but I want my music, my job inspires millions and millions of lifes. I truly believe arts can change the life of everyone and, I want to do that with my music...
Everything is starts when I was a little girl, I always dreamt to be a singer and an actress so, to be honest, I never get classes of anything about that. But I don’t know, sometimes these kind of careers are some difficult to follow, but Music was my being, I am a fighter following my dreams.
2. How would you describe your music and what artists have inspired you in your style?
I would describe my music as a complement of many genres… my music is experiment of feelings about human life. I had some inspirations from big stars as Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Queen.
3.What makes your music worth it to the world? To your fans?
Maybe the meaning of my songs are big instruments for many people to feel safe and understand the world in different ways. I’m only trying to change the world... changing lives.
4. What do you feel is the future of music and the industry in 5 years?
Wow that’s rude question , I’m terrifying for the meaning of “commercial music”, Music is fastest than ever, little details, amazing compositions as “The Beatles” did one day, today are boring! And that’s insane!!
5. What surprises you the most about the music industry from when you first started?
I thought If I compose a song , it would be easy to make a huge impact inside social media’s or YouTube, but it wasn’t. Artists don’t need only good compositions, we need an extraordinary budget to share the music with everyone and people with enough knowledge to make it happens.
6. What’s your "Poison"?
Compose, love... make a worldwide change
7. How is your Art “your religion”?
Music... life, I absolutely think music can change it all
8. What are you truly creating with your music that changes the world, changes society?
Make a change is important, we’re living difficult times and if we have the opportunity to share a positive message with our music, we have to do it.
9. What is the (spiritual, political, social) message of your music?
Love, passion, hope and humanity... I don’t use political words in my music , I only need to use our humanity to make us feel something really special.
10. Have you been “lucky” or “gifted” in the music industry so far? Tell us more:
No really, I need support to make my music sounds in everywhere and that someone special who can trust in me and makes my music shine
11. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
95% Perseverance, 2.5% talent, 2.5% lucky
12. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote?
“Just because it's not happening right now, doesn't mean It never will. Remember great things take time…”
13. If you could start over, what would you do differently in your career?
Learning piano since I was a little child, trying to get inside some music show, making people believe in me since the begging.
14. Where do you see your career going in five years? 10 years? Next year?
Winning my first Grammy! And always fighting for my dreams... trying to be better every single day
15. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your music?
As the woman who revolutionized the music industry and tried to change the world... and made it!
Connect with Lourdes here...
Links :Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/iamlourdescapallTwitter:https://twitter.com/luucbllReverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/lourdescapallFacebook:https://m.facebook.com/iamlourdescapall/YouTube:LourdesCapallVEVOhttps://www.youtube.com/user/LourdesCapallVEVO