Exclusive Interview with our ReverbNation Winner, Canada's Music Artist, Kellie-Anne Poirier
1. Who are you as an artist? What is your story?
My name is Kellie-Anne Poirier. I was born in Quebec City, moved to Montreal at the age of 3, and moved to the Dubai when I was 6. I recently moved to NJ after 8 years of being in Dubai. I began singing and performing at the age of 9, but can remember loving music ever since I was 2. Participating in "The Voice Kids" Canada was the point in my career, when I realized my true passion for music. I met so many amazing people and it was a life-changing experience. I now write, produce and release original music and continue to perform where ever I am and can!
2. Who are some of your favorite artists and musical influences?
My favourite artists include Sia, Ed Sheeran, James Arthur and Adele. I adore all of these artists because of their uniqueness and positive influence that they bring to their fans.
3. What is makes your music worth it? To the world? To your fans?
I love to write songs about things that I experience, that affect me and are very important to me in the world. I highly value empowerment of one another, and believe that my music does that. I also believe that my music is very varied, and can suit different audiences. I am experimenting as an artist and continuously striving to grow everyday.
4. What is the future of music and the industry?
I think that music is continuously evolving and changing by the day. Technology and music production are getting more complex, and I believe that music will be based solely on technology in the future. I think the industry will get more competitive and more talented artists will emerge.
5. What surprises you the most about the music industry?
The most surprising part is all of the work that is behind the music and all the people that are part of, what seems like, such a simple creation. It is so much more complex and takes a lot more people than we think.
6. How is your ART “your Religion”?
Art is my religion because it includes so many different and beautiful things in one. Art is my escape and is an amazing way to collaborate with people that are passionate about the same thing.
8. What are you truly creating with your music that changes the world, changes society?
I value promoting self love, respect and love of others, which I believe are key to living a life filled with happiness.
9. What is the (spiritual, political, social, etc pick one) message of your music?
The social message of my music is to respect everyone around you, and spread happiness rather than negativity. Make others around you feel good about themselves. Giving a compliment is the simplest thing to do, yet can completely change someone's day for the better.
10. Have you been “lucky” or “gifted” in the music industry so far? Tell us more...
I am very lucky to have an amazing support system. All of my family and friends support, and believe in me a lot, which definitely boosts my confidence and ability to do what I love.
11. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
I believe that being yourself, making unique music and being a good person in all that you do, are three key things to make it in the music industry.
12. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote?
My favourite quote is "Love the life you live, live the life you love" by Bob Marley.
13. What do you regret the most in your music and would have done differently?
I don't regret anything in my music. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for my past, and I am very proud of the progress I have been making. Life is a journey and I believe that every part is important.
14. Where do you see your career going in five years? 10 years? Next year?
I would love to continue performing and producing music. Hopefully I can grow a significant audience and tour the world!
My social media links are :